Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1379-2] New openssl packages fix arbitrary code execution

## Wolfgang Jeltsch (7o2lccqg@acme.softbase.org):

>  I was surprised that during updating OpenSSL, it was
> suggested to restart SSH since SSH was said to be dependent on OpenSSL.  In
> what way does SSH depend on OpenSSL?

OpenSSH is linked against libcrypto (see ldd).

> Under which circumstances do the
> security holes of OpenSSL cause security issues with SSH?

As this is a bug in libssl, ssh is possibly not affected. I can't see
how ssh could ever get into SSL_get_shared_ciphers() either, but then
again I didn't track through all of ssh's source code.

Regards
Christoph

--
Spare Space