Re: security idea - bootable CD to check your system

On Sun, 2007-06-24 at 19:01 +0200, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> I had someone in the past considered this, too. First of all debsums's
> main advantage is looking for unintended changes (and its indeed a shame
> so many of the important packages come without, that makes bad RAM or
> unreliable controlers a much larger hassle than they needed to be).

I have a /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90debsums with:

DPkg::Post-Invoke { "if [ -x /usr/bin/debsums ]; then /usr/bin/debsums --generate=nocheck -sp /var/cache/apt/archives; fi"; };

But this is obviously on the system self. Another pointer:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/quick-reference/ch-package.en.html#s-debsums

--
-- arthur - adejong@debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --