Re: Default-Release 4.0*: security updates ignored

Is there a solution to this? Someway to increase priority of the security updates?

Thanks,
Abdul

On 5/2/07, Harald Staub < harald.staub@switch.ch> wrote:
Hello

At our site, we define APT::Default-Release (in /etc/apt/apt.conf), so the
consequences are limited when someone adds e.g. unstable to his
sources.list. For sarge, we set it to "3.1*", this works fine.

For etch, since its release, we set it to "4.0*", but this does not work as
expected, because
http://security.debian.org/dists/etch/updates/Release
does not contain a Version-line. This has the effect that security updates
get a lower priority than the normal repository, so they are ignored :-(

Now I am not sure if this changed recently? Are there plans to add a
Version-line? Is it recommended to set Default-Release to "stable"? Up to
now, I preferred the Version number because it does more what I want when
there is a new release.

Cheers
Harry