Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 1249-1] New xfree86 packages fix privilege escalation

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 22:09, Neil McGovern wrote:
> I'm afraid that backscatter from this sort of anti-spam problem has
> become such a problem that I've resorted to asking
> listmaster@lists.debian.org to remove your subscription from
> debian-security-announce.

Remember: it's backscatter.  How big is the probability that this person
is/was subscribed to that list.

Since I 99% of all these confirmation requests I get is really backscatter
from spam, I take some morbid pleasure in approving each and every one.

But people seem to have realised that these systems are bad, I haven't seen
one of these for some months now.  (Or perhaps turning on various
aggressive anti-spam measures on my list somehow frightens them off.)

cheers
-- vbi

--
Email returned to sender -- insufficient voltage.