Re: Mass update deployment strategy

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 08:08:36PM +0100, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Does anyone publish Debian-specific OVAL signatures?  Do you think
> there is a need for them?

Not that I know of, but I have a converter to OVAL signatures that can
generate the XML files from the website contents. But somebody has to adapt
the OVAL agent to do Debian checks too.

I think there is a need for them, as there is currently no way to have a
Debian systems integrate in heterogeneus patch management systems without too
glue. Tools like update-notifier and debsecan are nice, but for
desktop users or administrators handling a few systems, not for enterprise
deployments.

Regards

Javier