Re: DD machine mysterious reboot

Adam,

Alle 23:54, domenica 29 ottobre 2006, martin f krafft ha scritto:
> also sprach Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org> [2006.10.29.2308
+0100]:

> I would run a memory and harddisk check.

I would raccomend a memory check with memtest86 in order to catch faulty
memory or MB bus. Faluty hardware have been my #1 reason for traceless
random reboot, expecially probable during the daily cron run.

For SMP machines I'd raccomend to run memtester as well to catch faulty
cpus beyond the first one (memtest86 is not SMP capable). Just seen
that as well.

Alessandro

--
B-Open Solutions srl - http://www.bopen.it/