Re: ClamAV is dead?!?

Lupe Christoph wrote:
> On Monday, 2006-10-09 at 09:57:10 +0200, Evgeni Golov wrote:
>> On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 09:42:14 +0200 Lupe Christoph wrote:
>
>>> This morning I found a number of complaints from freshclam in my
>>> mailbox, culminating in the one below. Checking http://www.clamav.net/
>>> revealed that the domain is down:
>
>> It isn't - works here.
>
> It's back to working here now.
>
>>> Anybody know what is happening to ClamAV?
>
>> Maybe your local DNS is broken?
>
> Nope. That was a real website that referred to clamav.net. You should
> have looked at the message, Dutch or not: "clamav.net is gereserveerd
> voor slechts EUR 10 bij TransIP B.V."
>
>> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
>> ;www.clamav.net.                        IN      A
>
>> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
>> www.clamav.net.         1106    IN      CNAME   tad.clamav.net.
>> tad.clamav.net.         3508    IN      A       194.109.142.194
>
> Same here. Somebody reacted fast. The website makes no mention of the
> downtime, though.
>
> Lupe Christoph

I Think it depends where you come from.

If I try to go directly I still get the "gereserveerd" holding page, but
if I feed www.clamav.net into babelfish then it can see the real page.
Perhaps high DNC machine is a little poisoned?

Oh, I am trying to connect from London if that helps.

I am sure when everything is refreshed in a couple of hours it will
shake through fine.

bcnu

bill.