Re: GPG errors from apt update

From: Jim Popovitch <jimpop@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 13:55:56 -0400

Robert Dobbs wrote:
> I'm surprised more people haven't reported these problems.  Maybe they
> were ignored because they did resemble the older problem with the
> signing key so closely.

I do recall seeing something similar to what you describe, but it was
only once and it was some time ago.   Have you tried sniffing the
network traffic to see what is occurring?

I'm pretty sure it isn't my computer that causes the problem.

You know what, I took the other advice and put the URL's in for each of the hosts that ftp.us links to. At the moment, at least, the problems seem to be on the mirrors1.kernel.org and the progeny mirror.

But that still doesn't explain the sporadic problems with the security archives.

All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day trial! http://www.windowsonecare.com/trial.aspx?sc_cid=msn_hotmail