Re: Command history log for audit trail

On 6/15/06, prosolutions@gmx.net <prosolutions@gmx.net> wrote:

I need to set up an audit trail for all commands run on machines.  I
know that the auth.log records who logs in and when, and that each
user's .bash_history has a history of their commands.  But is there some
other way to create a log for all commands run on a system?

You can intentionally log your session using script (man script). I'm
not aware of way to do it for everyone, unless you were to add script
to your bashrc or something. That could be a little underhanded unless
everyone using the system knew it was logging.

Regards,
Daniel