INFECTED (PORTS: 600)

Hey guys,

Just new to this mailing list, hope you guys can help me out.  I was testing out the chkrootkit package on one of my debian boxes.  After running ‘chkrootkit –q’ I received the following output:

INFECTED (PORTS:  600)

I looked further into and narrowed down to this.  ‘netstat -naptu | grep 600’ gave me the following ouput:

udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:600             0.0.0.0:*                          2120/rpc.statd

I have searched around on other mailing lists and forums, but could never really get a definitive answer.  Is this a common message for chkrootkit, should I be worried?  Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

~Morgan

Morgan Walker
Systems Administrator/Engineer
M•CAM, Inc.

Omni Business Center

210 Ridge-McIntire Rd., Suite 300

Charlottesville, VA 22903
434.979.7240 x311

http://www.m-cam.com
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use
of the named recipient(s) and may contain confidential and/or
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution of this communication(s) is expressly prohibited.
reply e-mail and destroy any and all copies of the original message.
Thank you.