Re: Debian Kernel security status?

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 04:18:28PM +0200, Jan Luehr wrote:

> Btw. Why do a lot of DSAs care about oldstable, while kernel-updates avoid
> woody?

  Because building kernels is hard for Sarge and very hard for Woody.

  I seem to recall Joey asking for volunteers to help work on kernels
 a good few months back ...

  DSAs for woody will probably cease soon as well.

  From memory we promised a year of support after the release of Sarge.
 Sarge was released early June, so that gives us the end of this month
 and then just May to continue with.

  Of course if it isn't too hard, or there is a lot of demand, it
 may be possible to continue supporting it for a little longer.

Steve
--
# The Debian Security Audit Project.
http://www.debian.org/security/audit