Re: OpenSSL vs. GnuTLS in Exim

Um 23:34 Uhr am 03.04.06 schrieb Jaroslaw Tabor:

> Can anyone tell me if there is any security risk to use openssl in
> exim4 ?

No. Why do you suspect there to be any risks?

> I'm using OpenSSL based applications (i.e. courier-imap-ssl) for a long
> time without ANY problems. What was the reason to use GnuTLS in exim ???

Licences problems regarding OpenSSL in combination with GPL'd code without
a special clause allowing linking to OpenSSL-based code.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sven Hartge -- professioneller Unix-Geek
Meine Gedanken im Netz: http://www.svenhartge.de/

Achtung, neue Mail-Adresse: sven@svenhartge.de