Re: recent kernel vulnerabilities - debian specific?

--On March 29, 2006 10:19:30 AM +0200 Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have a question about the recent vulnerabilities in
kernel-source-2.6.8. I would like to know if these bugs were specific
to Debian and, if not, which versions of the (vanilla) kernel are
vulnerable. All references to current mainline kernel security
problems are welcome. Thanks in advance.

This is why they list CVE information, go look at http://cve.mitre.org/ and by getting the various CVEs related to the debian security update you'll find your answers. Yes, it is NOT debian specific, the kernel isn't debian specific.