Re: Bonk vulnerability!

--On March 3, 2006 1:55:14 PM -0800 Zakai Kinan <titanyen2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

Oh, that is cute.  Bonk is similar to teardrop.  I was
able to use nessus plugin to crash the sarge 3.1
server.

Did it actually crash or did nessus just report one? If it crashed what was the Ooops onscreen? This is dubious at best since I'm not aware of any variant of Linux that is susceptible to this attack, and no box I've got here is (3.0, 3.1, RH, SuSE)....

If your machine is crashing it's probably completely unrelated to 'bonk' and is either a driver issue or hardware issue.