Re: Security scanner

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 12:16:43AM +0100, Jaroslaw Tabor wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> 	Has anyone know a network scanner I can run on Debian to search LAN for
> unprotected windows shares ? Or maybe something looking for simple
> passwords ? I'd like to automate discovering stupid users, leaving full
> access to their C:\.

Check out 'smb-nat' (Nat = Netbios Audit Tool) and 'nbtscan' for that
purpose (both available in Debian).  Or, as said here, you can use Nessus
(you probably will need the full plugin feed for that).  You could even use
the Samba tools for that purpose, after reading how SMB works and how you can
enumerate shares from remote hosts (using null accounts, for example)

Regards

Javier