Re: Removing email addresses from gpg-key?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 01:29:00PM +0000, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   I'm trying to remove a couple of obsolete email addresses from my GPG key.
>
>   Using the "deluid" command available after running "gpg --edit-key" works
>  successfully.  But once I upload my modified key to various keyservers I
>  see the identities be re-added by the keyserver at debian.org:
>   Here we see "new user IDs:2" - and as this suggests the removed IDs
>  are back!  I dont want them anymore!
>
>   What can I do in this case?  Is it just a matter of being more patient
>  after uploading the key.  Or should I report a bug to the Debian keyring
>  pseudo-package?

You want to revoke the uids (revuid) rather than deleting them; there's
no way you can delete them off other people's keyrings, or the
keyservers, so you mark them as deleted instead by revoking them.

J.

--
                                            jid: noodles@jabber.earth.li
OK, if we can't have a tour, can we at