Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 930-1] New smstools packages fix format string vulnerability

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 02:32:18PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:

> >For the unstable distribution the package will be updated shortly.
> >
> It's great to hear that unstable will be fixed soon, but why wasn't
> there a grave bug filed against the package? If for some reason the
> maintainer misses this DSA, it is lateron unknown that the version in
> unstable is vulnerable and still needs to be fixed...

  A bug has been filed.  If there is no action in a short space
 of time I'm happy to perform an NMU.

  Testing will get the fix shortly via the package migration, so it
 is only sid users  who are at risk; and we don't offer explicit
 security support there.  (Though obviously it should be fixed ASAP.)

Steve