Re: hardening checkpoints

Le Mardi, 20 Décembre 2005 16.18, Michelle Konzack a écrit :

> But in ALL Internet Cafes I can use my own (selfmade) Debian Live-System
> with my prefered Desktop.  In all Internet Cafes i get an IP via DHCP.

Wrong. I was in Milano (Italy) a few month ago, and I wanted to do exactly
that. The person at the desk looked at me as if I were a Martien when I ask
her if I could reboot the machine on my personnel Debian live-cd. First, she
didn't understand what all that was about, and second she could'nt control my
connection time, so she simply refused. Moreover, in Italy you have to give
an ID (they do a photocopy of it; she couldn't tell me how long they keep
it..)  to be able to use a computer in an Internet Café (terrorism you
know...).

Sorry ;-)

> Greetings
> Michelle