Re: CAN to CVE: changing changelogs?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > When dealing with Debian matters of a technical nature, yes.  When dealing
> > with matters outside Debian, or of a non-technical nature, I may decide to
> > not take such an instance.  And frankly, as long as it is a rule of mine,
> > applied to myself, what business is it of yours?
>
> Um, we're talking about a shared resource here which is designed to
> help many people work together.  changelogs are not some private
> notations of the developer.  It is certainly reasonable to expect that
> they be maintained by different developers in a consistent way.

Ah, ok. You have convinced me that you have a valid reason to discuss
editing past changelog entries, which is not what is happening in our last
email exchanges in this thread.

Or maybe you misinterpreted that I meant the entire *THREAD* about editing
past changelog entries was useless?  I wrote *subthread* for a reason.

Let's go back to the real topic of this thread, outside of this useless
subthread, shall we?  I even happen to agree with you, a consistent way to
deal with changelogs would be nice.

  Henrique Holschuh