Re: CAN to CVE: changing changelogs?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Parse error: "... that one?"  I am sorry, I am not sure I understood what
> > you mean. IF I got it right, my reply is simple: I will not change my mind
> > about a technical matter backed by technical reasons, because of the beliefs
> > of someone else.  Give me technical reasons, and I will listen and I could
> > be convinced that I am wrong.
>
> Great.  Now you have a rule:
>
> "I will only listen to technical reasons."

When dealing with Debian matters of a technical nature, yes.  When dealing
with matters outside Debian, or of a non-technical nature, I may decide to
not take such an instance.  And frankly, as long as it is a rule of mine,
applied to myself, what business is it of yours?

It was quite clear enough that I was talking about technical reasons since
my first post in this subthread.

> Where did that rule come from?  Was that rule itself backed by
> technical reasons?  No.  I sense an inconsistency.

You are wrong.  There ARE technical arguments for that rule:  The amount of
time I wasted in threads just like the one you are almost goading me into
was detracting from the amount of useful Debian work.  Maybe this will
change someday, and the rule will go away.

  Henrique Holschuh