CAN to CVE: changing changelogs?

Hello people,

As many of you are probably aware, CVE has changed the naming of their
id's: the temporary "CAN-" prefix has been dropped and an id is now
always of the form CVE-yyyy-nnnn. More information at the CVE website.

I was wondering what to do with changelogs. I think it might make sense
to rename CAN-... numbers in old entries to CVE-..., since all entries
have been renamed and this aids to the goal: having one unique string to
find any vulnerability by.

Are there any thoughts on changing changelogs retroactively? Might it
even be an idea to add a lintian check for 'old-style' CAN id's?

regards,
Thijs Kinkhorst