Re: Re: On Mozilla-* updates

> Be prepared for reality, in half a year or in one year, there won't be
> 1.0.x Mozilla Firefox packages anymore that build on Debian stable.
> At least that's what I anticipate.

I can say that I still backport mozilla-firefox for my woody users (I am
the maintainer of the gnome2.2 backport for woody) with no problems.

Though I understand your concerns, a possible option might be to supply
upstream packages until the point at which they cannot be provided
anymore (if that point is even reached).  Additionally, debian-security
can work with the debian maintainer to provide debconf warnings about
possible incompatibilities or upgrade issues.

As a user, I would be ok with upgrading if I knew what to expect.  As an
admin, I would be happy to know that my users are using a browser with
no known vulnerabilities.

Jamie Strandboge