Re: Bad press again...

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 10:34, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
> > On Monday 29 August 2005 22:23, Florian Weimer wrote:
> >>I've obtained permission from tbm to quote the message reproduced
> >>below in public.  This should make it clear that the intent was to
> >>delegate: "Nach [URL] hat debian-admin klar die Authorität" --
> >>"according to [URL], debian-admin clearly has authority", and
> >>debian-admin was only listed in the referenced web page.  If the DPL
> >>felt that even that was enough to express delegation, mentioning the
> >>security team in the list message itself should make things even more
> >>clear.
> >
> > Does that mean everybody listed in the w.d.o/intro/organization pages
> > is automatically a delegate in the formal sense?
>
> The [URL] in the above quoted sentence was the -announce post, not the
> organization page.

No, the key of his argument is in "and debian-admin was only listed in the
referenced web page" which was the organization page.

The weird thing is that that German mail was not about the security team
at all, but about the debian-admin team, and the status of all other
teams in existence is being extrapolated from that.