Re: Bad press again...

* Frans Pop:

> On Monday 29 August 2005 20:13, Florian Weimer wrote:
>> Martin Michlmayr has made the security team a delegate by this
>> message:
>> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2003/05/msg00005.html>
>
> Huh? I read no formal delegation in that message.

There are no formal requirements for delegations.  As far as the
Constitution is concerned, this message appears to be sufficient to
delegate all the roles which were listed on the web page at that time.

> I see no "(as DPL) I appoint" or "I delegate" in that mail.

This is not necessary.  Delegations need not be made public or even
disclosed to the delegate to be effective.  IMHO, this is a bug in the
Constitution which should be fixed in a GR.