Re: Bad press again...

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 07:40:23AM +1000, Paul Gear wrote:
There certainly have been exceptions to that rule.  The maintainer of
shorewall has been trying for weeks to get a DSA issued about a
vulnerability, and it seems we have to convince Joey that it *is* a
vulnerability before he'll issue it.  (I don't understand this - how can
Joey even *try* to understand every security bug?)  Repeated attempts to
communicate this have been met with silence.

I disagree that convincing the security team of the severity of a bug is
unreasonable. I also disagree with the characterization that much effort
has been put into describing the bug.

Mike Stone