Re: Bad press again...

also sprach Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> [2005.08.27.1720 +0200]:
> Huh? They probably do, for all I know. Whether they have people
> they trust for the job right now is something else, though.  We
> can probably expect

It's hard to tell for the requirements are not publicly available.
This means that it's impossible for anyone to actually work towards
the goal of helping the stable security team.

> that some people will be promoted from the testing security team
> to the stable one in a reasonable timeframe (some months) without
> much fuss.

Some months is not a reasonable time frame for something like
security; ever additional day hurts the project reputation severely,
at least here in Germany and Switzerland. I have clients (one of
which is a major German bank) voicing their concerns and considering
switching away from Debian to Solaris because of the security
fiascos.

`. `'`

Invalid/expired PGP (sub)keys? Use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!

there are only 10 types of people in the world: