Re: policy change is needed to keep debian secure

On 8/23/05, Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> wrote:

> That is what stable is about: not changing, or when change is absolutely
> necessary, changing as little as possible.  A hot new Firefox release may
> seem sexy to a Linux enthusiast, but to the novice, or to the corporate IS
> administrator, it means risk.

This is a strawman argument: I haven't seen anybody write that they
want a new release of
Firefox because is "sexy". People want something, anything, that it is
not as dangerous as
the Firefox in stable. Whether that is a new release, the old release
secured, no release at
all or something else, is open to debate.

But, please, do not deride people with opinions different than yours
by bringing up
non-existent arguments.