Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security - action

Alvin Oga schrieb am Wednesday, den 29. June 2005:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005, Micah Anderson wrote:
>
> > Alvin Oga schrieb am Tuesday, den 28. June 2005:
> >
> > You sent an email where about what and got no response? I did not see
> > your offer to help come across the mailing list (if it is there, can
> > you point out the URL to the message?)...
>
> i think you can search thru the debian security archives just as
> easily as i can or in fact even more easily since yu have a debian acct ??

Did you read the email that I referenced? It doesn't sound like you
did.

> in either case, it doesnt matter to me if people reply or not to those
> that are volunteering
> 	- i go on the assumption that people get selected based on
> 	the "merits or pecking order or friends of friends" or ??
> 	whatever the criteria is ..

The testing-security team is not operating this way.

> 	- from this last batch of emails about security, i saw there
> 	was a bunch of folks willing to help do security work ..
> 	and i'm hoping somebody takes up the volunteer's offerings
> 	and unload some tasks or do some other forms of methodology tests

I sent a message whose contents detail how to get involved in the
testing-security team for those who wish to volunteer.

micah