Re: Security team support

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 09:16:04PM +0200, Markus Kolb wrote:
>Sven Hoexter wrote on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 20:05:47 +0200:
>> On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 05:45:41PM +0200, Markus Kolb wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > why security team doesn't ask for help if they have not enough time for
>> > and problems with package fixing?
>> >
>> > I can help.
>> >
>> > I need only a security team member for contact and maybe a debian member
>> > to sign my gnupg key.
>> And then the whole community should trust you? No that's not the way it
>> should work. OpenSource is still about having reputation and other people who
>> trust you.
>
>Does this make any sense? What do you want to say?
>What do you have read in my post to conclude something strange like
>that? Is it the heat?

Right. You made a generous offer. And the whole world doesn't have to
trust you just because you have a liaison with the debian security team.

That sounds like a great idea, in fact the debian security 'team' should
implement a mentor program to facilitate.

I don't think Markus understood that you where looking for a direct
way to communicate not commit. (not sure why you need your pgp signed
though, web of trust is based on established relationships, your signed
patches should be sufficient at this stage...:)

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@galis.org