Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security - action

On Tuesday 28 June 2005 11:02, martin f krafft wrote:
> > instead of adding to the security team's tasks, and instead of
> > writting emails, why don't we spend the time to write some scripts
> > to do what we're expecting to be done by the security team ??
>
> thanks for the proposal. why did you write it and not just get on
> with those scripts already?
>
> > - yes.. i'm volunteering if there is enough "folks" that want to
> >   solve security problems and automate security patch releases
> > 	- it's a task for debian-man .. more than what super-man or
> > 	bat-man can do
>
> people "volunteering" are useless. people actually doing something
> are not.

Hey! You were being so constructive and positive. Why are you now falling
back to old fashioned Debian-like flaming?

Before you actually start something in an area like this I think it's
perfectly fair to first mail the list and get reactions.

Maybe you should take a break and let others get their ideas into this
thread. (Not saying that your contribution so far isn't appreciated.)

Cheers,
FJP