Re: Bad press related to (missing) Debian security

Steve Kemp wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 02:36:12PM -0400, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
>

>>Even allowing uploads from the secretaries could be helpful.
>>

>  Definitely.
>
>  I've got fixed packages available right now for some of the
> bugs which have been raised in this thread, but until somebody
> can push out the advisories they're just sat around gathering dust.

I would be very happy if Steven could become a full member of the
security team. We need someone there that is responsive and can do the
work. I know that Steven was doing a bit of code reviewing as part of a
Debian Security Audit Project (http://www.nl.debian.org/security/audit/).

>>Part of the problem with security updates has to do with the fact that
>>it's just difficult to coordinate the work.
>>

>  That's probably true, and kinda an argument against suddenly adding
> more members too ...

There should not be major changes, but the structure of the security
team should remain current. Inactive members *should* be removed
promptly and be replaced by more active members of the Debian Developer
community.

- Adam