Re: Missing debsums and mismatches

> >>And finally:  Shouldn't packages like 'make' and 'sed' have checksums generated?
> >Yes.  ;-)

Are they supposed to have sums?

Also, I should probably mention that this is a Sid system and it's so
far from prodcution I don't even have to spell it correctly.  I just
don't want it to become a spamsource.

I've investegated the changed stuff, and they can now all be put on
the "phew, nothing to worry about" list.  Another guy with legitimate
root access to the same box has been poking around without noting it
in our "I did this" log.
It'll be quick.  I've heard you never feel the shot when it's in the
back of the neck.  ;-)

The reinstall of the unsummed packages will commence once some more
stuff on actual production boxen is taken care of.

Don't be alarmed, I'm not The Primary Root on any production box, just
learning, testing, prodding and breaking. ;-)

Thank you for all your responses.

Oh, and Paul, thanks for the offer, but a homebrew daemon is allready
in the works.
I need network monitoring ability of this behaviour aswell.

--
Fredrik "Demonen" Vold
/*