Re: My machine was hacked - possibly via sshd?

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 12:37:46PM -0800, Alvin Oga wrote:
> > When I logged on I discovered two outgoing connections to port ircd on
> > the foreign hosts, and some thing listening on port 48744 TCP.
>
> sorta harmless ... script kiddies having fun

Does not sound like it. I would say it was a trojan
calling home for orders. The criminal gangs tend to
use irc for botnet control.

   Dale Amon     amon@islandone.org    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"