Apache 1.3.33 (from sarge) and mod_chroot

Hello!

My web server was hacked a few days ago and I decided to install some new program and modules which improve security. I find in sarge libapache-mod-chroot which chroot apache (and it work fine) but I can't send mail from php. I installed ssmtp in chroot (I think so) in chroot environment but it doesn't help :(

Does  anyone use this module? Perhaps I do something wrong with it ssmtp...

--
Krzysztof Jozwiak
Debian administrator