Re: mysql in stable and remote vulnerabities

Hello Geoff

On 2005-03-17 Geoff Crompton wrote:
> There are several remote vulnerabilities listed here:
> http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12781
>
> Seems that unstable and testing are either fixed, or on the way to being
> fixed. Does anyone know if the older version that is in stable is
> affected by these?
> CAN numbers are:
> CAN-2005-0709, CAN-2005-0710, CAN-2005-0711

Testing and unstable have been fixed on last weekend by uploading
versions 4.0.24-1 and 4.1.10a-1.

Woody is also affected (I can confirm this for all three vulnerabilities)
but is not easy to fix as MySQL did not provide a new version here and
we have to backport the 4.0 patch which does only apply to about 50% :-(

If anybody likes to help here, please a look at:
http://mysql.bkbits.net:8080/mysql-4.0/cset@42275cb1vIySS0vWwwUFE48ltGkmNA

bye,

-christian-