Re: woody kernel image

smj@littleprojects.org wrote:
> I currently run Sarge on a few machines, but as I understand Debian policy,
> Sarge does not receive security updates.  The only security updates I can
> expect are for Woody, so this makes Sarge unreliable for a production
> environment.

Increasingly innaccurate; see
http://merkel.debian.org/~joeyh/testing-security.html

In the case of the recent kernel holes, IIRC[1] the 2.6 kernel is now fixed
in sarge, while 2.4 is bring blocked out due to some other RC bugs
(though I've been working to let it in anyway).

> I guess this is a good time for me to try to see if I can help the
> Debian Security Folks out if they need it.

If you have the ability to work on verifying and patching security hole
then you can certianly help the _Sarge_ security team. We're not yet
able to offer complete security support for sarge due to a lack of some
set up autobuilders for the t-p-u queue, but we are doing a lot of work
and managing to get most security holes fixed in sarge ASAP.

--
see shy jo

[1] Over the atlantic and can't check.