Re: [OT] tales (was: woody kernel image)

Greetings,

Am Sonntag, 30. Januar 2005 21:14 schrieb Alexander Schmehl:
> Hi!
>
> * Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> [050130 20:29]:
> > > how does it come, that every time, you're telling such a story and are
> > > requested for some proof, one of your services is down, you cite
> > > completly unrelated URLs or you don't answer at all?
> >
> > Why not go to <http://lists.debian.org/> and search for it ?
>
> May I add this as an other case of "MK makes statements which she can't
> proofe" to my list?  Making a statement, and telling others to proof it
> for themself doesn't make your argument look very good.
>
> But anyway, I'm subscribed to both lists, and all I can say is:
>
> Been there, done that, got no shirt.
>
> So until I'm showed otherwise, I'm convident, that there is no mail to
> debian-devel or debian-kernel, stating that support for the 2.4.18*
> kernels in the current stable release has been dropped.
>
> And beside that, Joeys, forwarded to this list by Jan Minar a couple of
> hours ago (id: <[🔎] 20050130160656.GF6240@kontryhel.haltyr.dyndns.org>)
> proofes, that you are wrong.

Don't take it down personal. Jugding about DSA's I've seen, there is currently
_no_ security-support for 2.4.18. For reasons I don't know, for thinks, I
don't understand, important patches seem to be missing.
If you have information about the status of sec-sup in 2.4.18 please let us
know.

Keep smiling
yanosz