Re: [Fwd: security]

Could it be this?

http://lists.sans.org/pipermail/intrusions/2004-August/008357.html

You didn't specify which usernames were being used, so it's tough to
tell if that's the same.

A couple of simple and quick things that I might do if this was a
concern:

-Setup an iptables firewall on the boxen running SSH and only allow
certain hosts to get to port 22.  Alternately, you might consider
denying access through tcpwrappers, though I much prefer the iptables
method.

-Make sure that PermitRootLogin is set to no in your
/etc/ssh/sshd_config.  Some might argue the necessity or effectiveness
of this measure but it is another step you can take to help defend the
computer.

I'm sure others have appropriate suggestions as well.

Steve