Re: .desktop arbitrary program execution (was: [SECURITY] [DSA 644-1] New chbg packages fix arbitrary code execution)

Quoting David Mandelberg (mandelbergd@eth0.is-a-geek.org):

> Attached.
>
> Save to your GNOME/KDE desktop (like many newbies do) and double click
> the new icon. .desktop files (currently) don't need the x bit set to
> work, so no chmod'ing is necessary.

I'm sorry, but the question was:

Please advise this mailing list of which specific Linux or BSD MUA (or
specific configuration thereof) is willing to execute a received
binary or script attachment.  I'll very interested to read your specific
report that details an actual, reproducible test.

You appear to have answered some question I didn't ask.