Re: File System Integrity Checker for Sarge

On 2005-01-02 @ 23:20:30 (week 53) Declan Mullen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a file system integrity checker for Sarge. There seem to
> be many to choose from (eg sXid, AIDE, TripWire, integrit and samhain).
>
> Is there one that stands out as being easy to configure/tune for Sarge ?
>
> To date the only one I've used is Tripwire (on Redhat).

I am using samhain and 'til now am quite satisfied with it. I had to
write a couple of scripts to make it easier to use for my environment,
but probably would have ended up doing that with any other package
too...

Read this page to compare the most popular IDSes. It is written by the
author of samhain, but it still is useful as a reference:

http://www.la-samhna.de/library/scanners.html

HTH

Grx HdV