Re: Recommended firewall package?

On 2 Nov 2004, Potato Chip wrote:
> Is there a recommended firewall package? There seem to be several
> available, but was curious if there was a debian recommended one.
>
> I currently have a hand-crafted script calling iptables directly.
> Logging is only provided by iptable's -j LOG parameter, which is less
> than ideal.

My recommendation is the 'firehol' package, found in testing/unstable,
and trivial to backport[1] to stable.

Having tried quite a lot of the other packages out there, this is the
one I found with the highest degree of flexibility, and makes it trivial
to express complex firewall rules.

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  It is a pair of bash shell scripts.

--
You'll laugh! You'll cry! You'll kiss three bucks goodbye!
        -- Narrator (Paul Frees), _Hardware Wars_