Re: [SECURITY] [DSA 561-1] New libxpm ...

Hi

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 23:32 +0200, h9952251@wu-wien.ac.at wrote:
> Dear Martin!
> I think the upgrade of (I take out one as an example:) "twm" is a going-back
> to an old version (?) - as the version numbers show ...
>
> - - - - -
> I made an "apt-get update", then
> kpackage entries looked like this:
> twm ... 4.3.0.dfsg.1-4 ... (installed) (old version)
> twm ... 4.3.0.dfsg.1-8 ... (U)
>
> .. according to your email I did the following:

The security updates apply to the stable distribution, you however seem
to be running unstable (IIRC X 4.3 is only in unstable)

debian-security-announce is for people running f.e. servers and want
security updates for programs without needing to test out new versions.