Re: Strange X11 Assersion

Philip Thiem <witwerg@icequake.net> writes:

> Recently a friend made the assertion that I want to get some feed back on:
>
> "if you connect to an x server you have access to the protocol stream
> of any other user also connected to it"

I believe that this is more or less correct.

If you can connect to an X11 server, you can use either the RECORD,
XTrap, or DEC-XTrap extensions to access the protocol stream.  You can
also take control of input devices using XTEST.  There are some limits
(eg, I think openGL/GLX stuff that goes through DRI won't get posted).

--

/*  Dale Southard Jr.  dsouth@llnl.gov  925-422-1463 fax 422-9429  */
/*  Computer Scientist, Advanced Simulation and Computing Program  */