Re: BAHAHA was (telnetd vulnerability from BUGTRAQ)

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 12:23 +0200, Dariush Pietrzak wrote:
> I would suggest updating one's knowledge at least every ~5 years or so...
> (it's easy for me to say, because i'm still learning, maybe people with
> decades of IT experience find it more difficult to follow development of
> standards)

Wow, the next thing you are going to say, is that Microsoft isn't
standards friendly. Or that SCO doesn't own UNIX. Or that (the) SUN is
setting.

Every 5 years... I doubt *I* could keep up with that pace.

BTW, I won't get into any further arguments about ftp, mainly I am
convinced its usefulness is past. Remember *I* *AM* *CONVINCED*, which
means *OPINION*. Sure other options exist, but FTP in the > 5 years ago
old school sense isn't even optimal anymore except for
anonymous/chroot'd (or non-chroot'd for significantly larger values of
sane FTPDs) UL/DL. I won't use it and haven't for 5+ years (/me grins).
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster: Linux