Re: telnetd vulnerability from BUGTRAQ

> Why, no.  That specification being for TLS, it has very little to do
 correct, sorry, I pasted wrong link,

> > http://www.faqs.org/ftp/internet-drafts/draft-murray-auth-ftp-ssl-13.txt
but still, this draft is already several years old, I wrote perl ftp client
based on it ~1 year ago, last time I looked at it it had ~1999 date on it,
now it looks like it's moving further down the standarisation road...

> standard.  That isn't a strong basis for any claim that the standard
> does include encryption, or that encryption is a standard part of FTP.
 I respectfully disagree with you on that point. But I think we've already
driffted offtopic...

--
Dariush Pietrzak,
Key fingerprint = 40D0 9FFB 9939 7320 8294  05E0 BCC7 02C4 75CC 50D9