Re: Rebuilding packages on *all* architectures

also sprach Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> [2004.09.24.1653 +0200]:
> But what if the source is modified?  Taking over a DD's machine
> and modifying the source tree that is used to make the .diff.gz
> shouldn't be impossible.  We don't have any source auditing
> processes that could deal with this.

Finding a security breach in the source is way easier than if it's
just present in the binary but has been cleaned from the source
subsequently. As I said, we won't manage to guard against all
security issues. However, we should guard against those where the
effort-effect ratio is low, and I think rebuilding binaries for all
arches is rather low effort.

`. `'`