Re: apache / exe process taking 99 % cpu

Am Montag, 13. September 2004 14:07 schrieb lami@geocities.com:
> I tried to download file at 142.176.141.5/tmp ("exe" file itself), but
> it says 404 not found. There are several IP adresses, so maybe someone
> will have better luck.

We have managed to catch the uploaded binary. After decompressing it with
upx, we disassembled it with objdump -d but we are absolutely not
familiar with assembler code and so have no idea what it does. Maybe
someone wants to take a look? I can provide the code.

Also we tried to decompile the binary with boomerang. Unfortunately the
decompilation stops with the error "floating point exception" and else
produces no output. We got stuck there.

We tried fenries as well, but had no luck with that either. The
installation of fenris failed with "your libc isn't stripped" or
something and we have to investigate further how to fix this.

strace provides some interessting system calls. And again we are not
experienced enough to tell what they do in detail. Maybe someone could
help on this.

I am still unsure how far they have gotten into the system. But if there
were a harmful whole the security team would have fixed it, wouldn't
they?

Regards,

Timo