Re: pgp in Debian: obsolete?

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:51:19PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ian Beckwith (ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk):
>
> > Do you have links to documentation of these issues or where to get the
> > pirated versions? How pirated/illegal are they?
> >
> > License permitting, I could maybe take patches from them.
>
> Quoting the licence for pgpi 6.5.8:
>
>   The source code contained herein is not intended to allow the
>   development of source code or software for commercial distribution. No
>   modifications to the source code contained in this book are allowed and
>   any further redistribution of the source code in any modified form is
>   expressly prohibited.

I assumed this would be taken care of by the fact we distribute the
.orig.tar.gz.

If that's not enough, then I assume we can't distribute it at all,
not even in non-free.

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA