Re: preventing /dev/kmem and /dev/mem writes?

Michael Stone wrote:
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:38:33PM +1000, campbellm@cia.com.au wrote:

/dev/kmem unusable. That, he says, will break lilo (I can't use GRUB as
it doesn't support booting off RAID devices properly)

Hmm. Seems to work here.

Mike Stone

No problem here either. Three different setups operational:
- 2 mirrored disks using software mirroring
- 2 mirrored disks using software mirroring (boot) plus 2 mirrored disks using hardware mirroring (Adaptec 2400A)
- 2 mirrored disks using hardware mirroring (boot, Adaptec 2400A)

I can imagine that Grub cannot read software raid-5 devices, haven't tried that.

Arthur