Re: rbl's status?

> I just noticed that my exim4 config access to
> rbl.mail-abuse.org is no longer valid. I'd heard
> Vixie had 'gone pro' but hadn't thought much
> about it.

I believe it's very old news, smth like 4-5 years or so.

> What are the recommended rbl's these days?

Best thing is ask on NANAE or exim-users or whatever your favourite MTA is.
Here's what I am using here RBL-wise:

rbl_domains = bl.spamcop.net/reject :
relays.osirusoft.com/reject :spamhaus.relays.osirusoft.com/reject :
sbl.spamhaus.org/reject

there is a bit of redundancy in my setup as spamhaus is aggregated from 2
places, but it is my secondary MX dedicated box and WTH - it works